Consider the sliding window flow-control protocol operating between a sender and a receiver over a full-duplex error-free link. Assume the following:
1. The time taken for processing the data frame by the receiver is negligible.
2. The time taken for processing the acknowledgement frame by the sender is negligible.
3. The sender has infinite number of frames available for transmission.
4. The size of the data frame is 2,000 bits and the size of the acknowledgment frame is 10 bits.
5. The link data rate in each direction is 1 Mbps (= 106 bits per second).
6. One way propagation delay of the link is 100 milliseconds.
The minimum value of the sender's window size in terms of the number of frames, (rounded to the nearest integer) needed to achieve a link utilization of 50% is ______
A TCP server application is programmed to listen on port number P on host S. A TCP client connected to the TCP server over the network.
Consider that while the TCP connection was active, the server machine S crashed are rebooted. Assume that the client does not use the TCP keepalive timer.
Which of the following behaviours is/are possible?
Then the size of the congestion window (in KB) at time t + 60 ms after all acknowledgements are processed is ______.
|Field||Length in bits|
|P. UDP Header’s Port Number||I. 48|
|Q. Ethernet MAC Address||II. 8|
|R. IPv6 Next Header||III. 32|
|S. TCP Header’s Sequence Number||IV. 16|